Aromatherapy Pack - ESSENTIAL OIL INTRO BOX
For anyone wanting to get into Aromatherapy, or looking for a quick intro kit of high quality essential oils to keep on hand, our AROMATHERAPY INTRO BOX includes six of the most useful and commonly used 10ml AROMA QUEEN PREMIUM Essential Oils (Eucalyptus Blue Gum, Lavender French, Lemon Cold Pressed, Orange Australian, Peppermint Premium and Tea Tree Australian - a total of SIX x 10ml bottles), which can be used in oil diffusers / burners, baths, massage oils, cosmetics and creams, diluted for application to the skin, or any other method traditionally used in aromatherapy.
We also include a mini Reference Card covering these top 6 oils and some of their basic uses, which you can keep with your kit. Finishing the pack off is an AQ Aromatherapy Bottle Tool - a handy credit card-sized tool designed to help insert and remove essential oil dripolators (flow restrictors) and rollerball mechanisms - instructions and free keychain included.
OUR TOP 6 ESSENTIAL OILS
Lavender and Tea Tree oils are the most useful essential oils found in aromatherapy today, and no kit should be without them - Lavender can be used on anything from cuts, bites, itching, headaches, stress, insomnia and even nausea; Tea Tree is an excellent antiseptic, antiviral, antifungal AND antibacterial oil, perfect for the first aid kit. Eucalyptus oil is well known for its value as an expectorant and respiratory oil, while Peppermint is excellent for the stomach - great for treating nausea, as well as headaches and more. Lemon oil is an excellent antiseptic, making it perfect for cleaning purposes, as well as having a fresh, uplifting scent that even benefits concentration or to lift the spirits. Orange is an uplifting, relaxing oil which is beneficial to children and adults alike. Together this pack has everything you need to get you started for a multitude of applications in the home, workplace or while travelling.
What's included in our INTRO BOX?
* One AQ AROMATHERAPY BOTTLE TOOL (black colour) including instruction card & free keychain.
* A mini TOP ESSENTIAL OILS CARD to keep handy to remind you what each of the 6 oils are best used for.
* SIX BOTTLES of premium quality Aroma Queen Pure Essential Oils:
1. Eucalyptus Blue Gum (Eucalyptus globulus) - China. Eucalyptus globulus is commonly known as Blue Gum, and is the source of most commercially produced Eucalyptus oil. Eucalyptus is native to Australia but was introduced to Europe in the 19th Century. It has the aroma of a crushed gum leaf, camphoraceous and woody, and has been a favourite Australian home remedy since the white settlers learnt of its healing properties from the Aborigines. As an expectorant, Eucalyptus is one of the most valuable oils for treating respiratory problems such as bronchitis, colds, flu, asthma and coughs - it influences the breathing process and increases the oxygen supply to the body's cells. The scent is refreshing and stimulating, and assists concentration.
2. Lavender French (Lavandula angustifolia) - France. Lavender has been used since ancient times as much for its perfume as for its medicinal properties. Romans added Lavender to their bath water, hence its name derived from 'lavare', to wash. Herbalists regard lavender as the most useful and versatile essential oil for therapeutic purposes. Without a doubt if one were to choose only a single essential oil to keep in the first aid kit, Lavender would be the undisputed choice. It is well known for its nervine - sedative properties, and is useful for treating a variety of nervous and psychological disorders including depression, insomnia, migraine, nervous tension, hysteria and paralysis. As a sedative - analgesic it is very good for headaches and migraines. Lavender is often diffused in hospital wards to help dispel anxiety and aid sleep. Its antiseptic properties make it ideal for treating coughs, colds, catarrh, sinus, flu, wounds, ulcers and cystitis. Being a good antispasmodic it can be used to manage asthma; bronchitis responds well to Lavender in massage and inhalations. Lavender is helpful in the treatment of all types of pain - rub a drop onto the temples to treat headaches; use in a bath or massage for muscular pain and rheumatism. Lavender has both a sedative and a tonic action on the heart; it will help lower blood pressure and ease nervous tension and palpitations, while it has a stimulating effect for those with a weak heart, shortness of breath or cold extremities. As an emmenogogue Lavender is good for scanty menstruation, and may be used for period pains. One of the safest essential oils to use for children. Commonly associated with treating burns and healing the skin; will also ease the pain and prevent infection. Has a balancing effect on the skin and can be used in general skincare for all types of skin, as well as in the treatment of dermatitis, exzema, psoriasis, boils and acne.
3. Lemon (Citrus limonium) - Italy, cold pressed. Lemon Essential Oil has a familiar fresh, sharp citrusy aroma; it is produced from cold pressing the rind of the fruit. The scent is refreshing and widely used to assist concentration, lift the spirits and aid decision making. Lemon oil is highly prized as an antiseptic, and counteracts acidity in the body so is useful in treating conditions such as gout, arthritis and cellulite. In skincare, Lemon oil is astringent and can be used in cleansers for oily skin. It is non-toxic, though may cause dermal irritation in some sensitive skins. Is also phototoxic so avoid using on skin before exposure to sun. Lemon oil is also a valuable oil for use in cleaning products.
4. Orange Sweet (Citrus sinensis) - Australia. Sweet Orange Essential Oil is cold pressed from the fresh ripe outer peel, and has a zesty, refreshing citrus fragrance. It is known as a 'cheerful' oil that conveys warmth, happiness and joy, assisting to relax and unwind. Children love the smell of orange, and it can be used to help them sleep. Recommended for the treatment of constipation or swollen tissue. Beneficial and soothing to dry, irritated or acne prone skin.
5. Peppermint PREMIUM (Mentha piperita) - India. Our Premium Peppermint is the highest quality available. Mint has been used since the ancient Egyptians recognised its benefits as a stomach soother. Crossed as a hybrid of Watermint and Spearmint, Peppermint has become the most common variety of mint used in herbal medicine today. It is widely accepted that Peppermint is stomachic, carminative, antispasmodic, tonic and stimulant. Good for treating nervous disorders, nervous vomiting, flatulence and colitis. Helps clear the head and refresh the spirits, and may be beneficial in the treatment of colds and flu. Good for sinus congestion, headache and migraine. Peppermint Oil also has a strong local anaesthetic action, useful in treating muscle pain, bruises and insect bites. Use in dilutions of 1% or less to treat skin redness or inflammation. Use in moderation.
6. Tea Tree (Melaleuca alternifolia) - Australia. The Australian Aborigines have long understood the virtues of Tea Tree, and it has now become one of the most well used Essential Oils in Aromatherapy, probably second only to Lavender. Tea Tree oil has two outstanding properties: it is active against all three categories of infectious organisms (bacteria, virus and fungi), and it is a very effective immuno-stimulant - it increases the body's ability to respond to threats from these organisms. It makes a marvellous addition to any first aid kit - use it to wash out dirty wounds, apply to skin lesions, swab fungicidal outbreaks such as athlete's foot, inhale for nasal congestion, or use as a massage oil for muscular aches and pains. Combine with Lavender to treat pimples and acne, add to a shampoo to treat dandruff, or apply a drop of neat oil to insect bites. May cause sensitisation in some individuals.
Visit our LEARN MORE pages for easy to understand information pages covering everything you need to know to get started in the beautiful world of Aromatherapy, and how to use your oils.