Incense Burner - BURNER BOX (Multipurpose with Storage Tray)
Any incense pictured with burner is NOT included.
This is a truly multi-purpose incense burner as not only does it cater for standard incense sticks and cones, it is also suitable for some of the more unusual incense types such as Tibetan Dhoop Sticks, Rope Incense or Japanese Koh (eg Morning Star sticks), which can be burnt by lying them across the horizontal metal bars spaced along the lid of the box.
PLUS the box features a hinged full-length storage tray in the base that opens up to store your incense (much more convenient than other designs that have a 'hidden compartment' accessible only from one end). This burner box also features a longer burning section, with the horizontal bar section approx 21cm in total length so it can burn many longer types of sticks.
Our Multipurpose Burner Box is capable of burning these types of incense:
* TRADITIONAL INDIAN STICKS with an inner bamboo skewer - burn up to two sticks at once by inserting the bamboo into one of the two holes drilled on either end of the burner lid. The ash will fall through the bars into the compartment below, which opens up for easy cleaning.
* INCENSE CONES - Open the hinged lid to reveal two metal burning plates suitable for cones up to approx 18mm in diameter. Burn up to two cones at once - leave the lid open while burning taller cones.
* JAPANESE INCENSE STICKS (eg Morning Star incense)
* DHOOP STICKS
* ROPE INCENSE
* PALO SANTO STICKS etc
Incense up to approx 21cm in length can be burned by lying your stick/s lengthways on the horizontal metal bars for full air circulation while burning. Ash will fall into the compartment below for easy cleaning afterwards.
* STORAGE: The entire bottom section swings open to reveal a beautiful deep storage tray suitable for even Morning Star boxes. Keep your favourite incense types and even your matches or lighter handy along with your burner. Convenient and tidy!
* DIMENSIONS: The box is just over 30cm in length, approx 5cm deep and 6cm in height. Handmade in India from lightly stained & oiled timber with brass moon, stars and sun inlay (the inlay may have small imperfections as can be found on many handmade items - see the additional photos for an indication of the typical box). Being a handmade product, dimensions, staining, finish or timber texture may vary slightly - this is part of what makes handmade items so individual.
OUR MULTI-PURPOSE INCENSE BURNER BOX works for:
* AGARBATTI (Indian) INCENSE STICKS - Incense rolled around an inner bamboo skewer
* INCENSE CONES
* NEPALESE ROPE INCENSE - powdered botanicals and herbs rolled into traditional Nepalese lokta paper to form rope-like sticks.
* JAPANESE INCENSE STICKS (Koh) - delicate 'spaghetti'-like sticks that don't have an inner bamboo stick - up to approx 21cm
* TIBETAN DHOOP STICKS or any other thick dhoop sticks or joss sticks, that don't have an inner bamboo stick - up to approx 21cm
Incense not included - all are available separately in our INCENSE section.