AQ Essential Oil - BERGAMOT BERGAPTENE FREE (Skin Safe)
* IMAGE SHOWS PLANT or RESIN this oil is distilled from. Product supplied is a LIQUID ESSENTIAL OIL
* AQ PREMIUM QUALITY ESSENTIAL OILS - 100% Pure and Natural, Plant Derived Oils
* NO PADDING, ADDITIVES or FILLERS
* SINGLE SOURCE - all AQ Essential Oils are distilled from a single plant type & country of origin; none are 'blended' from multiple oils or reconstituted from various plant chemicals
* SIZING - 10ml Bottles are Cobalt Glass with Flow Restrictor; 50ml come in Amber Glass with Flow Restrictor. 4ml Vials are Cobalt Glass with Dropper Fitting
WHAT IS BERGAPTENE FREE?
Bergaptene is a chemical usually found in Bergamot oil, which is known to cause phototoxicity - burning of the skin when exposed to UV light / sunlight. Bergaptene Free Bergamot oil has had the bergaptene element removed and so is safer to use in skincare or products that are applied to the skin (diluted as with all essential oils - never apply any essential oil neat to the skin).
BERGAMOT (Citrus bergamia), Italy.
Any essential oil collection would benefit from the addition of Bergamot, a pleasant and useful oil obtained from cold pressing the fruit of the Citrus bergamia tree, with a beautiful, fresh and crisp citrus scent. Bergamot has been used in Italian folk medicine for many years, and is also what creates the unusual flavour of Earl Grey tea.
Bergamot's fresh, citrusy scent is sedative yet uplifting, great for use in oil burners, baths and massage. A good antidepressant, and an excellent revitalising oil for concentration or fatigue.
Bergamot is also a valuable antiseptic and can be used as an inhalation for respiratory tract infections, in douches and hip baths for urinary and vaginal infections, or for relieving colic, flatulence or indigestion.
CLEANING: Bergamot is a potent antiseptic anti-bacterial oil, with a fresh, uplifting (and motivating!) scent, making it perfect for Chemical Free Cleaning - splash through rinse water, or in with mop water and other cleaning preparations. Visit our DISCOVER pages for more Chemical Free Cleaning ideas.