AQ Essential Oil - RAVENSARA
* IMAGE SHOWS PLANT or RESIN this oil is distilled from. Product supplied is a LIQUID ESSENTIAL OIL
* AQ PREMIUM QUALITY ESSENTIAL OILS - 100% Pure and Natural, Plant Derived Oils
* NO PADDING, ADDITIVES or FILLERS
* SINGLE SOURCE - all AQ Essential Oils are distilled from a single plant type & country of origin; none are 'blended' from multiple oils or reconstituted from various plant chemicals
* SIZING - 10ml Bottles are Cobalt Glass with Flow Restrictor; 50ml come in Amber Glass with Flow Restrictor. 4ml Vials are Cobalt Glass with Dropper Fitting
RAVENSARA (Ravensara aromatica / Ravensara anisata), Madagascar.
NOTE: The botanical name Ravensara aromatica has in recent years been used for a few variations, including Ravensara oil from the bark of the tree also known as Ravintsara. The oil in this listing is the slightly Aniseed scented version, steam distilled from the leaves of the tree and mainly composed of Sabinene, Limonene and Myrcene with Methyl Chavicol.
From the Madagascan for good (tsara) and leaf (ravina), Ravensara is an extremely useful but often overlooked oil that comes from a large rainforest tree, and has been known locally as a cure-all for centuries. Among the list of uses, foremost it is known for its anti-viral properties, but it's renowned for much more: as an analgesic (pain reliever) and it also appears to be effective for pain including muscular pain, joint pain and even headaches.
Ravensara Oil is believed to be beneficial as an anti-allergenic, in that it may help reduce allergic tendencies and build resistance against allergenic substances. Ravensara is believed to be anti-septic, anti-bacterial, anti-microbial, anti-viral, anti-fungal, diuretic and even aphrodisiac; and as an anti-spasmodic can be effective against anything from coughing and cramping to diarrhoea as it helps induce muscle relaxation.
Ravensara can be useful in fighting colds and flu due to its anti-viral capabilities, and can have double-barreled benefits as it's also an expectorant (helps loosen phlegm and catarrh in the respiratory system). Try a few drops in a bath or vaporiser, or in a body rub, at the first sign of a cold. Ravensara oil is also known as an overall tonic, assisting in fortifying the general health
Mentally, Ravensara is believed to be a relaxant and has been used for centuries to soothe and calm, so may be of use in treating nervous disorders or insomnia. It's also known for its anti-depressant properties, and has often been used to treat chronic depression. Gentle enough to use with children or the elderly, but avoid during pregnancy.