AQ Essential Oil - VETIVER
* IMAGE SHOWS PLANT or RESIN this oil is distilled from. Product supplied is a LIQUID ESSENTIAL OIL
* AQ PREMIUM QUALITY ESSENTIAL OILS - 100% Pure and Natural, Plant Derived Oils
* NO PADDING, ADDITIVES or FILLERS
* SINGLE SOURCE - all AQ Essential Oils are distilled from a single plant type & country of origin; none are 'blended' from multiple oils or reconstituted from various plant chemicals
* SIZING - 10ml Bottles are Cobalt Glass with Flow Restrictor; 50ml come in Amber Glass with Flow Restrictor. 4ml Vials are Cobalt Glass with Dropper Fitting
VETIVER (Vetiveria Zizanoides), India.
Vetiver is botanically related to Lemongrass and Citronella - a perennial grass whose roots and rootlets are washed, chapped, dried and soaked and then steam distilled to produce the oil. Our current batch of Vetiver is a nice light version, less 'sticky' and overpowering than some oils.
Vetiver has a deep, smoky, woody fragrance. It's a very useful 'base note' fixative for perfumery, though as the fragrance is quite strong is best used in very low concentrations - try just a drop or two in a blend as this may be all you need. The scent is often likened to an earthy, damp forest floor, and as such Vetiver oil is suggested to be a very grounding, reassuring tranquil oil that can be of benefit during times of stress or anxiety.
Vetiver is often recommended for treating PMS, or for during menopause, and is considered nourishing and moisturising to the skin - recommended for dry, dehydrated or irritated skin. It may be helpful in preventing and reducing wrinkles, stretchmarks during pregnancy, and improving skin tone in tired or slack-looking skin.